Develop your leadership skills and deepen your knowledge of the ever-changing global business environment through Wesleyan’s intensive 18-month fast-track program with classes scheduled on alternate weekends so that you can pursue an advanced business education without interrupting your career.
Through Wesleyan’s Executive MBA Program, students benefit from the individual attention of a dedicated faculty and gain global business perspective through visits to companies across the world. The 18-month program schedule is tailored specifically for mid-and senior-level executives in established careers. Your program experience includes all books, materials, and a study abroad component.
According to students, the Executive MBA curriculum is challenging but also immediately relevant to today’s global business concerns. With so many advantages of a Wesleyan EMBA our graduates have great things to say about this graduate program and how it has enabled them to advance their careers.
Complete the FREE application here.
1. A completed application must be submitted to Graduate Admissions, Office of the Director of the Graduate Business Program.
2. Each applicant must provide documentation of business ownership or employment in a management position for at least five years. Documentation must be provided by letter, on company letterhead, from the applicant's employer stating the applicant's position(s) within the company and length of employment. If the applicant has held employment in different companies, each company must document the position(s) held and the length of employment; the management experience entries must total at least five years. If the applicant is self-employed, three letters of support from individuals who know of the applicant's self-employment must be submitted. These letters must include the kind of business that the applicant owns and the length of time that the writers have known the applicant to be in business. Applicants may substitute some work experience with adequate performance on a nationally-normed graduate admission exam-GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, or other approved exam, as per the guidelines set by the Graduate Program Council. The Graduate Program Council must approve all candidates with insufficient professional experience. Such candidates should contact the director of the EMBA program or his/her representative to obtain EMBA admissions guidelines.
3. The applicant must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited United States college or university. Degrees awarded by a foreign college or university will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The applicant must have completed degree requirements and submitted an official transcript from the institution from which a bachelor's degree was earned before attending the orientation or any EMBA classes.
4. The applicant whose native language is not English must submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report. The minimum score acceptable is 550. Wesleyan College will also accept International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores, sponsored by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations. Students must score at least 6.0 on the IELTS, with no subscore lower than 5.0.
5. The applicant must have two professional recommendation letters submitted on their behalf to email@example.com or complete the online form.
6. An interview with each applicant will be conducted by the director or the director's representative early in the application process. Informing the applicant regarding his or her admission will be the responsibility of the Director of the Graduate Business Program.
For more information contact the Executive M.B.A. Program, (478) 757-5225 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A new cohort begins each fall and spring.
Once accepted, secure your spot in Cohort by submitting the admission deposit. Priority deadline of $200 is due 1 month prior to the start of classes. The deposit fee will increase to $300 after 1 month deadline. (Deposit is credited toward tuition and is non-refundable).
The study abroad component of Wesleyan’s EMBA program is a hidden treasure far exceeding aspects of other programs of similar nature. Past trips have included visits to cities in countries that lead the world in global business, including Dubai, Brazil, China, Russia, Austria, Hungary, and the Czech Republic.
Find out more about Wesleyan’s 3 fast-track hybrid graduate programs designed for working professionals that include online courses for student flexibility as well as Wesleyan's signature seminar-style traditional classes on campus evenings and on weekends. All classes are taught by full-time faculty with "real world" professional experience and outstanding academic credentials.
The course examines the various aspects of organizational behavior, allowing the student to gain valuable insights for increasing decision-making options. Methods of objective achievement are explored through an evaluation of students' individual management styles. The course emphasizes relationships, factors influencing behavior in organizations, and the various means used by efficient managers to develop control and leadership within their organizations.
The course will cover issues related to product, distribution, pricing, promotion issues and market planning processes, including development of a marketing plan and interaction among policy makers in the organization. The marketing strategies of different companies will be studied. Cases will be used extensively in the analysis of business marketing decision making.
The course will introduce the student to the legal and ethical aspects of business management within a for-profit organization. The student will be introduced to the rigorous processes found in the legislative and legal systems, including civil dispute resolution through the judicial system. The study will conclude with the basics of the legal and ethical areas that are essential as tools for the executive in today's management positions.
The student will investigate the economic, social and political organizations that have an influence on managing international businesses and/or investments. The student will investigate the strategies that will influence the customer needs, wants, motivations, and behavior within the global competitive environments. The course will cover customer-driven strategies, quality of management, time-based competition, and global logistics as they relate to global management.
Students will examine the part that gender plays in business generally and in management specifically. The course will focus on the part both men and women play in operational management decision making within small, medium, and large corporations. Students will research and discuss gender as a factor in business today and what the future will hold for gender in executive management and corporate decision making.
The student will investigate global industries by studying the business, social, political, economic, organizational, and cultural factors associated with international business and investment. A specific world economic region will be chosen for a ten day to two week study abroad, during which the student will visit various businesses to observe management practices. The course work review before the trip will include the global manager, international trade, international finance, international operations, and marketing.
A student who is unable to participate in the overseas residency of the study abroad course must request in writing the option of completing a research project relevant to the study abroad locale. The student should submit this request with appropriate documentation to the office of the director of graduate business program who will take the request to the Graduate Program Council and Provost of the College for approval. The scope (depth and breadth) of this project will be consistent with the work required in any other three-credit-hour course in the EMBA curriculum. A student must request this option no later than four months prior to the beginning date of the study abroad course.
Program courses are taught by our experienced, seasoned faculty members with global business experience. The program's small class size allows you to form strong relations with your professors and take full advantage of their expertise and wealth of business knowledge.
Graduation fee: $150
Please contact us for more information about our graduate programs: email@example.com.
Additional specific costs may be considered as an adjacent to cost of attendance, for more information contact the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (478) 757-5205.
* Cost per credit hour for 36-hour program is $1,097.22.
What I gained through the EMBA Program has been quite valuable. The curriculum offers stimulating challenges particularly with independent thinking, group work, public speaking, and study of academic areas I had previously not had extensive exposure to. Through the relationships with my fellow students, I gained a network of diverse and skilled professionals from many different fields and areas of expertise.
Lean Green and Six Sigma Green training is included in the curriculum of Wesleyan's EMBA program. Both have become a valued certification in many industries. You will learn how to integrate principles of business, statistics, and engineering to achieve tangible results to help improve the quality of your work environment and processes that fulfill your organization's mission. Students must pass a national exam in order to earn certification. Students are responsible for the $199 exam fee.
Classes are scheduled on alternate weekends over a period of eighteen months so that professionals may pursue advanced business education without interrupting their careers.
Executives in the fields of sales, finance, aerospace, accounting, marketing, construction, human resources, medicine, and engineering credit Wesleyan’s newest graduate program for their successes.
Students spend ten to fourteen days abroad studying under an intense & expertly planned itinerary. Past international component trips have included visits to major business firms in China, Russia, Czech Republic, Austria, Hungary, Dubai and Italy.
Your program experience includes all books, materials, and a study abroad component.
A distinctive collaborative learning approach builds on the talent of every member in the course, creating a dynamic network that lasts well beyond the program.
Wesleyan College is privileged to steward many arts and cultural events and share them with the community. Most are free and open to the public. Wesleyan art galleries are open M-F 1:30 – 5:00 PM and on Wesleyan Market Saturdays from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM.View More
Tour our beautiful 200-acre campus featuring Georgian architecture, lush green spaces, recreational facilities, residence halls, and worship center.Tour Now
Wesleyan College is home to five NCAA Division III sports: soccer, basketball, volleyball, tennis, and softball. In addition, we offer an award-winning Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) Equestrian program.Learn More